Safeguarding your funds and your privacy is our number one objective
Kraken takes a comprehensive approach to protecting your investments. Our team of experts have built in a number of sophisticated measures to prevent the theft of money or information.
Theft isn't the only threat of course. As a professional exchange we offer financial stability, with full reserves, healthy banking relationships and the highest standards of legal compliance.
Security above everything.
World-class Security Team
We’ve assembled a global team of top security professionals who take a risk-based approach to ensuring our clients’ assets are protected at the highest levels while maintaining exceptional performance and an unparalleled client experience. Our team has decades of experience building security programs for the world’s top brands, investigating the largest consumer data breaches, developing security technology trusted by millions of businesses and discovering vulnerabilities in the technology used by billions of people every day.
- 2FA (Google Authenticator and Yubikey) to keep your account secure
- No Phone/SMS account recovery, your account stays in your hands
- Email confirmations for withdrawals with self-serve account lock
- Configurable account timeout for another layer of protection
- Customizable, granular API key permissions with range boundaries
- Global settings time lock for extreme security when you're away
- PGP signed and encrypted email for secure communication
- SSL encryption to protect you when browsing Kraken
- Constant, real-time monitoring for suspicious activity
- Zero settlement risk, no chargeback fraud when trading crypto
- Sensitive data is fully encrypted at rest and in transit
- High priority 24/7 live chat and email support for urgent concerns
Committed to helping secure the crypto-ecosystem
Our mission is to increase cryptocurrency
adoption world-wide, and we recognize that this extends past Kraken’s
products and services. We’re committed to helping the entire industry
become more secure, and that means identifying vulnerabilities in other
projects or tools that our clients regularly use. To this end, we’ve
developed Kraken Security Labs to test third-party services and products
in an effort to help identify, publicize and solve issues before
they’re exploited by bad actors.
Interested in learning more about our security practices or how you can protect yourself from bad actors? Check out the resources below:
Securing your account
- Security basics
- Securing your account
- Setting up two-factor authentication
- Setting up a master key
- Setting up PGP encryption
- Setting up the global settings lock
- Creating a strong username and password
Other Security Information